This policy validates that all CloudTrails have output being sent CloudWatch for real time analysis.
Real time log analysis is an important part of a mature security posture, and integrating with CloudWatch Logs is one way to accomplish this with AWS.
To remediate this, configure each AWS CloudTrail trail identified in the report to send its logs to CloudWatch logs.
Using the AWS Console
1. Navigate to the AWS CloudTrail Console.
2. Select the trail you wish to enable CloudWatch logging for.
3. Under the "CloudWatch Logs" header, select the "Configure" button.
4. Specify the name of an existing CloudWatch Logs log group or a name for a new group then select the "Continue" button.
5. Review the role and policy summary, then select the "Allow" button.
Using the AWS CLI
1. To integrate AWS CloudTrail with AWS CloudWatch Logs, run the following command:
CIS AWS Benchmark 2.4 "Ensure CloudTrail trails are integrated with CloudWatch Logs"